On March 12, 2016 my #ShaadiSquad (Bridesmaids) threw me the most beautiful shower. Bridal Showers are one of my favorite events in a wedding and I feel so blessed to have had the shower of my dreams. My sister,the Maid of Honor, took the lead in planning and each and every detail and my bridesmaids went above and beyond to make the details come to life. I am excited to share a few highlights with you!
#WeddingSeries – Bridal Shower – Pop.Fizz.Clink!
- When deciding on a theme, my sister picked my favorite colors: coral, mint, and gold to go with our ‘Pop.Fizz.Clink ‘ theme. My sister enlisted her close friend Shery and founder of Craft Couture to design custom save the dates, invitations, welcome signs, drink cards, and favors. Shery is amazing to work with. Her modern Indian designs are a work of art and she goes the extra mile to ensure everything is perfect!
Location / Décor
- Since we had two big wedding events in one day, Bridal Shower and Mata Ki Chowki, we knew we wanted to make both events easy to manage. We picked Ananda Restaurant, nestled in the suburbs of Fulton – Maryland, for our Bridal Shower. Everything about Ananda personifies elegance and class. From the ornate décor to the five-star quality Indian fusion food, the management at Ananda provided excellent service to ensure our event ran smooth. Given the ambiance of Ananda is so elegant, we decided to have minimal décor and only selected items that would compliment the theme of the shower. Calligraphy chalk boards, white roses, and candles were all we needed to make the setting perfect.
- Since I will be moving to California, my sister wanted my last big celebration with my closest girl friends to be a blast! My bridesmaids created their own twist on bridal games to make the shower was memorable. From Guess Your Celebrity Hubby to Create Your Own Indian Bridal Gown; The games were a big hit. The delicious food and bridal inspired drinks added to the festive atmosphere.
Bridal Shower Look
- For my Bridal Shower, I knew I wanted to wear coral. I looked for months to find the perfect dress but never found something that felt quite right. Thankfully, Rent the Runway came to the rescue and sent me a Monique Lhuillier gown and Lulu Frost Portico Statement Earrings. The dress was exactly what I had envisioned and was so comfortable to wear! I added Valentino Rockstud heels to give the look a modern edge. Jasmine from Mod Girl Makeup worked her magic on my hair and makeup!
- Each moment was so special. One of my favorites was the Bridal Shower cake designed by my best friend Ashima. A baker herself, she selected the most tasty flavors and the cake looked almost too good to eat! The addition of our wedding logo on the front of the cake was such a thoughtful idea. My sister knows me best and knows I love photos! She hired Mr V Imagery to capture all the moments. Photographing 30+ girls is not easy, but Aras made us all feel so comfortable in front of the camera.
Thank you our amazing team:
// Dress – Monique Lhuillier Rent the Runway //Jewelry – Lulu Frost Rent the Runway // MUA – Mod Girl Makeup // Photography – Mr V Imagery // Venue – Ananda // Cake – Debbies’ Cake Studio // Save the dates, invitations, welcome signs, drink cards, and favors – Craft Couture //