2017 Let’s Do It! As we head into the New Year, I’m getting ready for an amazing 2017. While I shy away from resolutions, I decide on 3-5 goals to focus my thoughts and decisions for the year ahead. I typically spend the days before New Year’s Eve relaxing and spending time with loved ones. This helps me to clear my head and allow myself to think about my priorities, goals, and passion. During this time, I also reflect on the direction and purpose of Social and Style. Blogging is a part of my life that takes time and energy. I want to make sure I am using my time and energy wisely. When I started Social and Style, my vision for the blog was to be a platform to inspire readers. From the #PowerWomen series to supporting local businesses, my goal for Social and Style is to uplift others. In Singapore, I am learning more about the startup scene and local small businesses. Each founder I meet, always inspires me with their story and journey. I look forward to introducing you to these entrepreneurs in a new series #SingaporeSpotlight, starting with Manisha Gattani founder of Linen & More!
When I first moved to SG, Manisha was one of the first people I met. She welcomed me warmly and helped me adjust to my new home. As an expat herself, Manisha understood how moving to a new country can have its challenges. We met at her store in Great World City Mall and I fell in love with the styles she carried. Manisha curates designs from all over Asia and sells them at her store – Linen & More. Manisha carries 6 main lines of clothing, accessories, and interior decor. For a photo shoot at the National Gallery Singapore, I picked a beautiful flowing top from the Classic Line!
- Linen & More Classic – Always available in interior and clothes. This lines focuses on raw linen in classic shades and pastel colors.
- Linen & More Colour – This line changes with the season. You can find clothing for the warmer or cooler seasons.
- Linen & More Trend – Changes with… surprise… the trends. L&M carries the latest styles, colors, and silhouettes.
- L&M Beach – A line for the holidays focused on resort wear. You can find tunics, cover ups, sarongs, and so much more.
- L&M Bohemia – The more quirky styles and bohemian cuts in cotton with batik patterns.
- L&M India – Focused on indian fabrics, colors and patterns. You can find Indian party wear such as lenghas too.