One of my favorite things to do is host a party. To celebrate the start of spring, I invited a few friends over for a fun chaat party. All my favorite foods are chaats (Indian appetizers) and thankfully the weather was perfect for a rooftop get together. I found out a week before I had to travel to South Beach for work, so I didn’t have much time to prepare. A few ideas helped me put together this party on a Saturday morning and on a budget. I thought to share these ideas with you and would love to hear your party hosting tips!
Springtime Chaat Party ideas!
- Decide on a theme: A theme helps center your ideas and make the party memorable. For me springtime and chaat were my main themes.
- Pin ideas: Pinterest is a great starting point when party planning. I love getting ideas and putting my own spin on them.
- Create a budget: Setting a budget helps you decide what to prioritize (food, drinks, etc.) and where to get creative. For example, I wanted a few decorations (pink & white stripe straws and mini cups) but did not want to spend a lot. I scored all my decorations at Marshalls for under $10!
- Plan ahead: With my flight landing at 10 pm the night before, I definitely had to plan in advance. I did as much as I could the night before: boiled the potatoes, got the drinks together, and set up the plates and utensils so the morning of the party would be less stressful.
- Semi-homemade: I am a semi-homemade kind of gal. While I wish I could cook everything from scratch, sometimes short-cuts come in handy. For instance, the Haldiram’s Pani Puri kit is my go-to chaat for all of my parties and at just $4.99 your wallet will thank you!
- Win at details: Small touches really make your guests feel loved. From fresh flowers to having their favorite foods (my friends love Jalebies!), the details really make a party special.
- Enjoy: As a host, it’s easy to get caught up in trying to make everything perfect. I have to work at this but I try to let all the planning go and just have fun! In the end, great company and conversation is what makes a party (of course yummy food and tasty drinks are a close second ;)